Thursday, January 27, 2011

Update

Went to the Dr yesterday. Mixed news, I think

She's off the trial treatment. It wasn't working for her, and in fact the tumors on the liver have grown in size. The spots on her lungs grew a bit, but it didn't seem like the doctor was overly concerned about them, but keeping watch. Honestly, when I heard this, my heart sank, and I began to feel sorry for myself and the situation. I try not to do that, but I couldn't control it.

We do have options, which one of them we will be exploring tomorrow afternoon. It may be a radiation treatment for her, but we'll see what this doctor says to us tomorrow. I was glad to hear that the doctor said we have some options. This brought me very quickly out of the self pity party I was having.

Admittedly, I am having trouble wrapping my head around all of this. It's been more than 24 hours, and I'm still trying to absorb it. Is this another mountain to climb? Will it lead to a better place, or will we find the valley again? Time will tell, I suppose.

This topped off an already crazy week. I need this weekend more than ever this week. And I'm looking forward to seeing my brother in law next week....That'll be just the thing I need to cheer up Melissa, and myself....

No comments: