Thursday, April 05, 2012

Getting by on life alone...

For those that read my last blog, it was just as emotional for me to write, as I'm sure as it was for you to read it. That was completely free form and from the heart. I'm sure as it gets closer, I'll write another one that will just send both writer, and reader, into uncontrollable fits of crying. But thank you for all the kind feedback and words that you have all expressed to me.

I've been re-assessing things in my life lately, to see where I stand, and more importantly, who I am. I think it is going to be an on going process for me. I've learned that I am stronger than I ever thought I could be, despite all the sadness that has happened to me over the past few years. I've learned that there are only barriers if you allow them to be barriers.

I've also learned that I need to be more confident in myself and my abilities. I've allowed, in the past, others doubt about me and what I can do to creep inside my psyche. I've allowed others to push me around, so to speak. I'm determined not to let that happen. I've got a great support system in my life that has made me realize that I can't let myself be beat down.

I'm not the same person I was a few months ago, I think. I've become more assertive, and don't take anyone's bullshit. (Sorry, but this is how I feel). I think back to what people have told me, and realize that they are full of it. Those are the people that I need to put in the proper place in my life. They also need to know that I won't stand for it anymore.

1 comment:

Stella said...

Yes this tragedy has made you stronger, just as Melissa's illness made her stronger. I wish you had more time together to have these feelings. I know it must be very lonely without her, even with all the kids and things you have to get done alone.
She will always be part of you as she is with us, and we will always have that feeling she'd be smiling when we have those good moments.I'm so dreading Mother's day and May 27th....but We will get through it and make her proud of what she left us with, our cherished memories of times together. I love that smile and laugh of hers so much..We will make our lives happy and fulfilled so she can rest in peace..
Love you guys,Stella