Tuesday, February 14, 2012

Valentines Day

Today is a sad day for me. Today is the first Valentines day without Melissa. I've been so busy lately that I actually almost forgot about it. I'm sitting here thinking about all of the previous Valentines days that I did have with her. One of them really stands out to me though.

It was our second Valentines day together, if I recall right. I remember thinking to myself how would I impress her? Flowers seemed so obvious (and I did that the year before), chocolates would be a no brainer, yet too easy as well. Then I heard a commercial on the radio that made the decision for me. A Vermont Teddy Bear. I can hear everyone now? a Teddy bear?...Not just any Teddy Bear, but a Vermont Teddy Bear. I went to their website to see how much they were, and I was particularly taken aback by the price. $90. I thought to myself, that this bear better clean up after itself and us.

But, I decided to ask around about this. This was a new thing to me, and I thought I better ask other women what they thought. They ALL loved the idea. I was amazed by this. They all thought the price was high, but many thought it was worth it. So I decided to purchase one.

This turned out to be the best gift idea I ever had. She absolutely loved it. It was an angel bear, as she was a big Anne Geddes fan, and one of her favorites was an angel picture. I have never forgotten that one. When we moved from Mass to Ohio, she made sure the bear came with us. That always made me feel good. I still have the bear, although honestly I don't know where it's at currently. I think it's in a bin next to the bed.

Thinking about that bear does get me emotional. Sitting down to view Facebook and write this blog, all the emotions and feelings that I have been too busy to deal with are now assaulting me. I miss her terribly, and not a day goes by that I don't think about her, and look up to the sky and talk to her. It is times and days like this that I have to stop and think about it, and that is when the emotion comes pouring out.

I have so many good things in my life right now. I feel like I owe it all to Melissa. I wish that she was here to share it with, but I think that she is looking down on me smiling, and enjoying it with me.

Melissa, I love you. With all my heart. I miss you so much. Thank you for all the Valentine Days we spend together. Fourteen of them. Some don't get two. I cherish those days, just like I cherished all the days we had together.

I love you.

No comments: