Thursday, January 26, 2012

Back to reality...

I got a "letter" from my Mother-in-Law today. I saw the envelope and I was curious to see what they had sent me. I opened the letter up, and she had sent me a collage of pictures of a bench in Venice, Fl. This bench had a plaque on it with Melissa's name on it. She had taken images of it from different spots around, and from inside the ice cream shoppe it is outside of.

I knew that they were going to do this. I wish it was there when I was down there at Thanksgiving. What I didn't think would happen, was I got really sad. It just hit me really hard. I'm not sure why. It was just one of those things that happened.

I've been thinking alot about her lately. All the things we did together, places we went, even the food we ate. It hurts sometimes, but most times, I smile, and thank her for all the times we had together. She helped me become the father that I am today. By no means am I perfect, just better than I was.


Thank you Melissa. And, as always, I love you.

1 comment:

Nikki Parsons said...

You're not giving yourself enough credit, Craig. She's only been gone 8 months! You're still going through the "year of firsts". You have been handling them all remarkably well, but really, you shouldn't be surprised that seeing those photos hit you the way it did. It's ok to be emotional!