Saturday, January 24, 2009

Never Walk Alone

Right now, I'm sitting in the OSU Emergency Room with Melissa. She's had an adverse reaction to the Chemo or possibly the nausea medicine that they prescribed. I'm still waiting to hear about that. While I've been sitting here checking some things online about chemo and all that it is (I feel like I don't know much about it, like a babe in the woods type thing), something occurred to me.

It occurred to me that I'm not alone in this. I do have her and my family here for immediate support, both with the kids and the house. But I also have the support of all of those who I talk to on Facebook. I've always been a stubborn person. I rarely ask for help from friends. I always preferred to take something on myself, as if I have something to prove.

The support, prayers, and encouragement that I've recieved from everyone has been nothing short of amazing to me. It does inspire me, gives me a reason to smile, and, most importantly, a pool of strength to draw on when it does get rough, like right now.

I freely admit that I've broken down a few times during this past month. It's not easy for me to admit that. I know what I have with Melissa, and it's been hard to see her in pain, and not knowing what the immediate future holds. It does seem brighter, now that we've begun the treatment. I see this current ER visit as a bump in the road.

To all those that have sent well wishes, you have my deepest thanks and sincerest appreciation. Like the Verizon Wireless commercials, I feel like I have the power of one of the best networks behind me. It means so much to me, and is something that I'm not sure how I can every repay.

No comments: